Thanks for visiting our website!
Natural horsemanship training centre with seminars and clinics. 50+ years experience.
Achieve unity and harmony with your horse, through true Natural Horsemanship
What is Natural Horsemanship?
Natural horsemanship is a method to achieve unity and harmony with your horse and being able to communicate in what makes a horse want to stay in balance and creates respect so you can both reach the same goal. You learn to interact with your horse based on trust, respect and communication in a language that the horse can understand rather than using fear and intimidation.
I was born with horses and cattle. Going on 78 years young and have dedicated my lifetime working with horses. I have spend time on the rodeo circuit, horse shows, gymkhanas and worked on cattle/horse ranches in the USA and Canada.
Through my years I have worked horses and people with all of their problems, trained people to become trainers, to do horse trimming and shoeing. I have also been involved with thoroughbred horses as a breeder and was a member of the New York Jockey Club and the Canadian Thoroughbred Association.
We have been doing our seminars and clinics privately to our customers only for almost 30 years and have now in this past year have decided to go public. We feel that as Canadians we need to have more Canadians with true natural horsemanship training that will carry on our true tradition. We will this year start to certify our trainees as they progress in our program.
With a variety of offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy working with us. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.
Seminars and Clinics
We hold seminars and clinics on a variety of topics based on the needs of the people attending. We will also hold private clients to a few people to work togehter to help solve their problems. Please send us a email if you are interested in attending one of our seminars and clinics or setting up a seminar and clinic with a few of our friends and fellow riders.
What we offer
- Starting of young horses on basic ground work, trust and respect.
- Working with older problem horses using ground work to gain their respect and trust.
- Communicating with your horse and understanding how to read your horse through body language and verbal communication.
- Problem solving.
- How to start your horse working with cattle, roping, team penning events and ranch type work.
- Train horse and rider to work together.
- Train horses for roping, team penning, barrel racing.
How to better train your horse for:
- loading trailers
trimming, shoeing, etc.
- sacking out
- barn sour
- starting in trail riding or becoming soured on trail riding
- barrel racing
- calf roping
- team penning
- becoming over exposed through showing and rodeo events who have turned sour
- better control and to manage your horse for stopping in a proper manner
- plus many others
Talbot Trail (old HWY 3), Palmyra between Rodney and Ridgetown, Ontario.
Phone: 519-674-0362 - No calls after 8:00 PM.
We hope to see you again! Check back later for new updates to our website. There's much more to come!